This accessibility statement applies to innovator.scot.
Using this website
This website is hosted by National Services Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate all of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate all of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to all of the website using a screen reader (using the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA or VoiceOver)
- access the website using a mobile device.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- We recognise that PDF documents on the website are not fully accessible to screen reader software. We have identified the issues and are looking into carrying out remedial work. We can offer alternative formats for the PDF documents on request.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email NSS.RDIOffice@nhs.scot
We will consider your request and respond to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, email us at: NSS.RDIOffice@nhs.scot
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Noperators of this website are committed to making this website accessible.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (WCAG) AA standard, due to ‘the non-compliances’, listed below.
- PDFs on the website do not meet accessibility standards and therefore are not accessible to screen reader users. Some of our PDFs are essential to providing our services. By 31 March 2022, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
Please be aware this is a live website and is constantly being updated.
Non Accessibile Content
Some parts of the website may not work for everyone. Below are known issues that we either need to fix, cannot fix, or do not need to fix right now.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- PDFs on the website do not meet accessibility standards and therefore are not accessible to screen reader users. We are carrying out remedial work on inaccessible PDFs and any new PDFs will meet accessibility standards.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs are essential to providing our services. We plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. However, if there is a specific document that you would like to request in HTML format, we will do our best to oblige where possible and practicable. We will aim to publish any new PDFs in compliance with accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Our website is regularly reviewed with manual audits by our Accessibility Consultants and by scans with an automated testing tool. In addition, we carry out user testing that includes users with disabilities. Testing with real users gives us valuable feedback about the real-world accessibility of our website.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 July 2022. It was last reviewed on 22 July 2022.